What are your thoughts on InnRewards?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnRewards

Reaction score
Hello fellow Innkeepers! We were wondering if you would check out our new website and let us know what you think, what we can do better, what you think shouldn't be there, etc. Just want to hear your thoughts.

Would you please include a link in this forum post? I know where to find you but others may not!

Hello everyone! First, I don't give up easy and many people had high hopes and dreams for Inn Rewards to work. I sat back over the last year and didn't know what to do with it. So with some thoughts and suggestions we decided to take a different direction with it. I'm not one to give up and so here we are.
The new site is all new and I could not merge property info into the new directory. So I am sorry about that. I think its for the better anyway. Most people had not used it for several years and probably even forgot it was there.
A lot of the site is pretty easy to figure out. Take a few min to look around and see what different things are there. Example: Not every listing has to offer something up. But if you do, then you get extra exposure. You will see that in a few of the listings already on there. I know the review thing is a major issue for a lot of people. Guess what? This site is going to be different with the review. Yes, we will have them and you will be ranked according to your reviews so we encourage you to get people to post them. The way we accept reviews is completely different than any other site out there. You can read it here
The site needs users and so for that we are giving away 30 free listings to the first ones to sign up. I have turned off the credit card part of the site until we reach our 30 listings. We encourage you to look around and give us your thoughts. I will answer questions and help anyway I can. Thank you for taking the time to look and lets hope this site will be something great for all of us!

Well... a pet peeve of mine. The slider transition goes right to left. The eye reads left to right...I always prefer less movement in a slide so I would choose a fade transition to make it look smoother rather than jolting the eyes. not so much text to read in paragraph form. Can you change to bullet list? or give more line breaks?
What is with the wedding photo? It is not a good quality and what is it's purpose? I would get rid of it.
I am not real keen on the grey color scheme. I prefer something a bit brighter or more colorful.
Your banner ad on one page with couple kissing doesn't work.
Are you getting anything from those ads? If not, I'd lose them.
Can you make the font a bit bolder in the menu? Doesn't really stand out to me.
Make sure your photos in sliders are clear. Most seem fuzzy to me.
Guess that is it for now :)

Where's the map? Regions? Towns? How from from the actual city searched will it find properties?

Well... a pet peeve of mine. The slider transition goes right to left. The eye reads left to right...I always prefer less movement in a slide so I would choose a fade transition to make it look smoother rather than jolting the eyes. not so much text to read in paragraph form. Can you change to bullet list? or give more line breaks?
What is with the wedding photo? It is not a good quality and what is it's purpose? I would get rid of it.
I am not real keen on the grey color scheme. I prefer something a bit brighter or more colorful.
Guess that is it for now :).
Thank you so much for your feedback. I will try and see about the pictures and what options I might have. I have worked with the color and it kinda junked up the site when I had to many colors going. I was trying to go for a more upscale look. What color would you suggest? I can try and see what it would look like. Just give me a color code if you can. As for the banner ads, this is for any business within reason can ad to the site. As we get more advertising they will rotate according to how many we have listed. Right now that is the only banner ad that has signed up so its the only one showing. As the site fills we can then upgrade the banner ads to only show where you are searching. So if you search Branson MO, only advertising in Branson will show. But that will be awhile until we do that. The site would look empty. So that will change. I'm looking for new pics for the sliders. Anyone who would like to provide some can. I would like to change those out through out the year.

Where's the map? Regions? Towns? How from from the actual city searched will it find properties?.
When building the new site I looked at issues and complaints from the old site. People did not like the maps. When you list your property you will be asked to enter Keywords for the search. Here you will had whatever you like for people to find you. So example: If your property is in Little Rock Arkansas then when a guest types in Little Rock Arkansas for a place to stay you would pop up. This is the most common way for a directory to work. When you list you will type in your State and city your located in.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will try and see about the pictures and what options I might have. I have worked with the color and it kinda junked up the site when I had to many colors going. I was trying to go for a more upscale look. What color would you suggest? I can try and see what it would look like. Just give me a color code if you can. As for the banner ads, this is for any business within reason can ad to the site. As we get more advertising they will rotate according to how many we have listed. Right now that is the only banner ad that has signed up so its the only one showing. As the site fills we can then upgrade the banner ads to only show where you are searching. So if you search Branson MO, only advertising in Branson will show. But that will be awhile until we do that. The site would look empty. So that will change. I'm looking for new pics for the sliders. Anyone who would like to provide some can. I would like to change those out through out the year.
I think it is just the gray at the footer I don't like...maybe just lighten it up some in the footer and the copyright section. or make copy right section black to contrast more
What are you using to do the site?
The photos seem blurry because you are using a 940 px wide. they are out of proportion for the slider. I usually do 1500 px or 1920px. Inspecting says yours is 1903...if I read correcty. If you have need of some photos. I have plenty that might work.
Something strange going on in your news section. http://innrewards.com/article/there-is-nothing-continental-about-our-breakfasts.html
Title repeating and it is HUGE!!! No need for it to be that large.

Where's the map? Regions? Towns? How from from the actual city searched will it find properties?.
When building the new site I looked at issues and complaints from the old site. People did not like the maps. When you list your property you will be asked to enter Keywords for the search. Here you will had whatever you like for people to find you. So example: If your property is in Little Rock Arkansas then when a guest types in Little Rock Arkansas for a place to stay you would pop up. This is the most common way for a directory to work. When you list you will type in your State and city your located in.
Hillbilly said:
So many of us are located in small towns that most people are not aware of. So if someone puts in Little Rock Arkansas, how many miles out will the directory find results? If a property is in Podunk, Arkansas 15-20 miles from Little Rock, will a Little Rock search find that listing?

I think it is just the gray at the footer I don't like...maybe just lighten it up some in the footer and the copyright section. or make copy right section black to contrast more
The photos seem blurry because you are using a 940 px wide. they are out of proportion for the slider. I usually do 1500 px or 1920px. Inspecting says yours is 1903...if I read correcty. If you have need of some photos. I have plenty that might work.
Something strange going on in your news section. http://innrewards.com/article/there-is-nothing-continental-about-our-breakfasts.html
I lightened up the grey. When I change the size of the font on the buttons it changes is through the whole site. I will have to look into that. Yes, I need more photos. :)

Hillbilly said:
So many of us are located in small towns that most people are not aware of. So if someone puts in Little Rock Arkansas, how many miles out will the directory find results? If a property is in Podunk, Arkansas 15-20 miles from Little Rock, will a Little Rock search find that listing?
We can customize you to whatever we need to have people find you. After we get enough on here, it will be easier to start placing you in regions,states,city, towns even neighborhoods. If you go ahead and sign up it will be a little easier to start seeing what im talking about. We have 9 now working on their listing and 5 that are already live. So things will start filling in the blank spots as we move forward.

I lightened up the grey. When I change the size of the font on the buttons it changes is through the whole site. I will have to look into that. Yes, I need more photos. :)
You will probably have to use some custom css to style your different headings. What are you using? Squarespace? Wix or a WP theme?
put this in your copyright area: ©2016 Copyright - Inn Rewards - All Rights Reserved.

I looked for how to list on the site and couldn't find it. How do I become a listed inn?
(I looked under listings, innkeepers and contact us.)

I noticed some issues with the site on my smartphone. You need to edit some things. Also you need a "scroll to top" button. it is a real pain scrolling that site.

I looked for how to list on the site and couldn't find it. How do I become a listed inn?
(I looked under listings, innkeepers and contact us.).
TheBeachHouse said:
It's not where you think. It's under advertise. I would put it under innkeepers.

TheBeachHouse said:
It's not where you think. It's under advertise. I would put it under innkeepers.
Its not just for Innkeepers. We have all kinds of possibilities for listings.

I noticed some issues with the site on my smartphone. You need to edit some things. Also you need a "scroll to top" button. it is a real pain scrolling that site..
Im working on a phone App. That will fix that. I'm also working on the site itself so you might of looked when I was working on it. I also received your pics. I uploaded some. I think they look great. Thanks for that.

TheBeachHouse said:
Its not just for Innkeepers. We have all kinds of possibilities for listings.
Yes, but perhaps you also include a link under the Innkeeper heading, which is where I originally looked before e-mailing you.

Back