What are your thoughts on InnRewards?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A BIG thank you to Hillbilly for catching a fatfinger error I mad in my e-mail address when signing in yesterday (I have been busy). No wonder all my work from entering my listing went missing - it was under the wrong address.
I will finish my listing - or start over (I hope not) - later today.
BTW - I saw Discount code but did not see Deal..
If you would like me to add your listing from info from your website let me know. I am happy to help you. Uploading pictures from your end will probably be better quality. But I can give it a try and see what it looks like for you. I updated your email for you. Also, the discount code is for you to enter to receive the listing for FREE. If you have a Deal you can post that from your listing. Its under the header Promotions
You are wonderful. I will get on the stick today. Is what I did yesterday still there?
gillumhouse said:
You are wonderful. I will get on the stick today. Is what I did yesterday still there?
I went in and added a bunch of info for you. I also added the video from the wedding you hosted. Because your offer weddings I also included you in the Wedding Venues. Your listing is now live. But you can go in a change whatever you like. You can also add a Promotion if you want.

I think the text is a bit hard to read on top of the photos. Maybe a darker font color.
The search box should be more leading: Search by B&B name, city or state (People just won't know what to put in the box.)
Sorry if I missed this somewhere but how are you planning to sort all the listings once there are a hundred or so? By state, then city?
Also, if we're still calling it 'InnRewards' where's the best place to list the 'reward' part? Or should that go under 'deals'?
On the innkeeper side: I added my info, thank you for letting us give it a test run for you with the free listing. I'm getting a message that my listing is only 84% complete. It would be helpful if the missing bits are highlighted as right now I'm not sure what I missed. Is it because I didn't have a video? Or I didn't add a document? (I'm assuming this would be the place to add a recipe.)
I know it takes time, but having a real example of what the listing looks like for the other levels would be nice..
You can adjust the drop shadow on the text to be darker or just create a shaded background on the text to make the words show up better
EmptyNest said:
You can adjust the drop shadow on the text to be darker or just create a shaded background on the text to make the words show up better
Yes, that would help - the darker drop shadow.
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Yes, that would help - the darker drop shadow.
Empty Nest sent me some code and I think this helped a lot!
Yes! It is so easy to read now. Keep up the good work!

A BIG thank you to Hillbilly for catching a fatfinger error I mad in my e-mail address when signing in yesterday (I have been busy). No wonder all my work from entering my listing went missing - it was under the wrong address.
I couldn't find Promotions or Deal via the dashboard. Got a start on the rest of it though.

I couldn't find Promotions or Deal via the dashboard. Got a start on the rest of it though.
Go to your listing page and scroll down to the bottom of it. Above and to the left you will see a box labeled Promotional Code.
The deal is in the top of the header on the home page. Or on the left on your listing page. There is a list of things to do and it is there.

Go to your listing page and scroll down to the bottom of it. Above and to the left you will see a box labeled Promotional Code.
The deal is in the top of the header on the home page. Or on the left on your listing page. There is a list of things to do and it is there.
You have to choose the Diamond category in order to do deals I think. I started at lower.

Its on the left side midway down. Under Add new content
Its all FREE. Just add the promo code

You have to choose the Diamond category in order to do deals I think. I started at lower.
Anon Inn said:
You are correct. But I'm trying to catch those as they come in. I upgrade them when I see it. if I mist someone just send me a quick note by email so I get that taken care of. Its funny that I'm listing people for free and they are choosing the lower levels. Its FREE take all you can get. Now is your chance! :)

Anon Inn said:
You are correct. But I'm trying to catch those as they come in. I upgrade them when I see it. if I mist someone just send me a quick note by email so I get that taken care of. Its funny that I'm listing people for free and they are choosing the lower levels. Its FREE take all you can get. Now is your chance! :)
Hillbilly said:
Anon Inn said:
Yes! That is right. It's all free so get it while the getting is good! Add a listing, then go for an event, deal, blog, etc, etc, etc. Your event isn't until this fall. No problem, list it now with the dates of when it starts, etc. It's our way at InnRewards.com of saying "thank you!" for all you have done over the years.

If you would like me to add your listing from info from your website let me know. I am happy to help you. Uploading pictures from your end will probably be better quality. But I can give it a try and see what it looks like for you. I updated your email for you. Also, the discount code is for you to enter to receive the listing for FREE. If you have a Deal you can post that from your listing. Its under the header Promotions
gillumhouse said:
I went in and added a bunch of info for you. I also added the video from the wedding you hosted. Because your offer weddings I also included you in the Wedding Venues. Your listing is now live. But you can go in a change whatever you like. You can also add a Promotion if you want.
you are too good to me.
I think I got it all - finally. Will add events tomorrow. BTW there is a placeholder photo when I view listings and scroll down to the one that has the click for deals.

Anon Inn said:
Hillbilly said:
Anon Inn said:
Yes! That is right. It's all free so get it while the getting is good! Add a listing, then go for an event, deal, blog, etc, etc, etc. Your event isn't until this fall. No problem, list it now with the dates of when it starts, etc. It's our way at InnRewards.com of saying "thank you!" for all you have done over the years.
Would this be something for me? We just opened and have no history yet.

Is this only for the United States?.
2cat_lady said:
Is this only for the United States?
We are just starting in the US. As soon as we get the US populated and tested we can very easily expand to other Countries. That will be a goal of this site but we are currently just working in the United States. But your answer is Yes for now but have plans for future expansion later. :)

Anon Inn said:
Hillbilly said:
Anon Inn said:
Figurehead said:
Absolutely! This will be a great way to get started. Opening a new business takes a great deal money to get started. This site is FREE for a year for the first 30 properties or so while we test it. After this it will go to a paid listing. So you are more than welcome to list. Just enter Promo code: Free when signing up.

Anon Inn said:
Hillbilly said:
Anon Inn said:
Yes Figurehead! Sign up for a free listing. Pick the Diamond one, its free.

You can see one press release here….
https://www.prlog.org/12544201-innrewardscom-has-new-look-check-it-out.html

Today I went is as a guest - I was trying to find the link to my reviews as I just had people leave.
#1 - I entered Gillum House in the search box - came up NO RESULTS. Went to Listings and came up on the page, but still did not search. NO RESULTS
#2 - clicked to review and it asked for a log in. Is that the way it is going to be?

Today I went is as a guest - I was trying to find the link to my reviews as I just had people leave.
#1 - I entered Gillum House in the search box - came up NO RESULTS. Went to Listings and came up on the page, but still did not search. NO RESULTS
#2 - clicked to review and it asked for a log in. Is that the way it is going to be?.
I would assume so...same as with TA, you have to log in with an account in order to post a review. Just can't have spammers posting bad reviews. The reviewer has to make themselves known.

#2 - clicked to review and it asked for a log in. Is that the way it is going to be?.
Yours came right up for me when I search Gillum House.

I too had a problem with search. It seems to have two boxes to fill in: 1) the search term and 2) the geographic location.
When a guest arrives on the home page, it seems the website is geolocating his IP service and filling in box #2.
This is NOT a help. This default seems to mess up an attempt to search, plus I and 99% of B&B customers are not looking for a B&B near where I live.
The geolocation is an unneeded bell and whistle from the web designer.

I too had a problem with search. It seems to have two boxes to fill in: 1) the search term and 2) the geographic location.
When a guest arrives on the home page, it seems the website is geolocating his IP service and filling in box #2.
This is NOT a help. This default seems to mess up an attempt to search, plus I and 99% of B&B customers are not looking for a B&B near where I live.
The geolocation is an unneeded bell and whistle from the web designer..
Tom said:
The geolocation is an unneeded bell and whistle from the web designer.
There is a little issue that is being worked on for the search feature. The patch should be applied this week. As for the search feature this will actually be a very cool feature once the site is populated. We have an App being built as we speak. Banner ads and other businesses will be able to advertise locally. So if a customer is in your town then the only ads showing will be local ads from your town. That's why it is set to show from your location. But we are aware of the search feature having an issue and we are working on it.

Back