What are your thoughts on InnRewards?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked for how to list on the site and couldn't find it. How do I become a listed inn?
(I looked under listings, innkeepers and contact us.).
TheBeachHouse said:
I looked for how to list on the site and couldn't find it. How do I become a listed inn?
(I looked under listings, innkeepers and contact us.)
It's not where you think. It's under advertise. I would put it under innkeepers.
Its not just for Innkeepers. We have all kinds of possibilities for listings.
Yes, but perhaps you also include a link under the Innkeeper heading, which is where I originally looked before e-mailing you.
That was a great suggestion. I just added it. Thank you!

Oh and I need to mention because I'm getting some emails about this. You don't have to give anything or post a special to list your property. Its just a feature that is there if you want to use it. If there is not a listing category for you on the site let me know and I will make one for you. If you are not sure how to list your property and want me to help you just email me and I will do it for you. You don't have to have a credit card to list. I have that turned off. After we get enough to populate the site we will then start that process. Probably by the end of the week or so.

(I looked under listings, innkeepers and contact us.).
TheBeachHouse said:
(I looked under listings, innkeepers and contact us.)
It's not where you think. It's under advertise. I would put it under innkeepers.
Its not just for Innkeepers. We have all kinds of possibilities for listings.
I see you put some info from Huff Post. Do you have permission to use that? If not, you better get rid of it. photos may be copyright protected as well.

Has anyone done this? My friend is trying to sign up and he gets to a place where it says print invoice and mail a check. I thought everything was open for right now.

Has anyone done this? My friend is trying to sign up and he gets to a place where it says print invoice and mail a check. I thought everything was open for right now..
It is. Just add the promo code:free. In order for the system to work it will do this but the promo code will bypass this. All good. Also, everyone can list the Diamond listing. Also, sign up for banner ads and if your property has had any news articles or had any feature stories about it you can list that as well.
If you need help just email me and I can call or email you back.

I think the text is a bit hard to read on top of the photos. Maybe a darker font color.
The search box should be more leading: Search by B&B name, city or state (People just won't know what to put in the box.)
Sorry if I missed this somewhere but how are you planning to sort all the listings once there are a hundred or so? By state, then city?
Also, if we're still calling it 'InnRewards' where's the best place to list the 'reward' part? Or should that go under 'deals'?
On the innkeeper side: I added my info, thank you for letting us give it a test run for you with the free listing. I'm getting a message that my listing is only 84% complete. It would be helpful if the missing bits are highlighted as right now I'm not sure what I missed. Is it because I didn't have a video? Or I didn't add a document? (I'm assuming this would be the place to add a recipe.)
I know it takes time, but having a real example of what the listing looks like for the other levels would be nice.

I think the text is a bit hard to read on top of the photos. Maybe a darker font color.
The search box should be more leading: Search by B&B name, city or state (People just won't know what to put in the box.)
Sorry if I missed this somewhere but how are you planning to sort all the listings once there are a hundred or so? By state, then city?
Also, if we're still calling it 'InnRewards' where's the best place to list the 'reward' part? Or should that go under 'deals'?
On the innkeeper side: I added my info, thank you for letting us give it a test run for you with the free listing. I'm getting a message that my listing is only 84% complete. It would be helpful if the missing bits are highlighted as right now I'm not sure what I missed. Is it because I didn't have a video? Or I didn't add a document? (I'm assuming this would be the place to add a recipe.)
I know it takes time, but having a real example of what the listing looks like for the other levels would be nice..
Thank you for your suggestions. I tried with a darker font and when a darker part of a picture came up you couldn't see it. I tried all kinds of stuff and came up with the combo of black and white. I could pick all dark images but that would look bad.
The search box is a pretty generic function on most directories. Its not just for B and B's. As other listings will be using this as well. So If I change it to that then people won't find those other businesses. It will also be used to search for anything people place in their keywords.Example: I guests wants to get married on the Beach in Florida. They type in the search box Beach weddings then the location they type in Florida. Then if you have those keywords in your listing keywords. They will find you.
Yes, we will have more detailed area for direct ways to find you. Not just the search box
The reward part will be in Deals. This way if you don't have one you can still list your property. If you do have one than you will get double the exposure. You can change it anytime and its set up kinda like a Groupon. Go to Crystal Coves listing and you can see an example of what it looks like.
The missing items are whats causing the 84% to show. You don't have to fill in all the spaces. But its showing you that you are showing 84% of your listings potential. You can place recipes in here if you like. I can also make a category for people to post recipes if we want?
I will think about adding more examples. Its a lot of work to add those. Hopefully for what the normal price will be for a Diamond listing people will just pick that. Its less than $10 a month for the best listing. I spend more than that sometimes getting a coffee at Starb for my DW. HAHA! I might even just have the one listing option. But I was trying to have something for any and all budgets. I even have a FREE one for those who would like to at least have a little info in the site.
I'm more than happy to help anyone with their listings and I can also do a phone call with you to go over things. Sometimes thats easier. :)

I know it takes time, but having a real example of what the listing looks like for the other levels would be nice..
You can adjust the drop shadow on the text to be darker or just create a shaded background on the text to make the words show up better

You can adjust the drop shadow on the text to be darker or just create a shaded background on the text to make the words show up better
EmptyNest said:
Yes, that would help - the darker drop shadow.

It is great, wonderful, and easy to work! Thanks you for your hard work!

We just notified the Associated Press (AP) about InnRewards.com so watch for it to come out in the news, etc. Let the forum know when you see it.

We just notified the Associated Press (AP) about InnRewards.com so watch for it to come out in the news, etc. Let the forum know when you see it..
I'll check one of the AP for radio feeds tomorrow and let you know if it turns up there. :)

Hope the AP thing gets a lot of attention!!! Good luck.
I signed up!!!! I will also bring this to the attention of the innkeeper association in Rockport.
The group meets each month.

A BIG thank you to Hillbilly for catching a fatfinger error I mad in my e-mail address when signing in yesterday (I have been busy). No wonder all my work from entering my listing went missing - it was under the wrong address.
I will finish my listing - or start over (I hope not) - later today.
BTW - I saw Discount code but did not see Deal.

EmptyNest said:
Morticia said:
EmptyNest said:
Empty Nest sent me some code and I think this helped a lot!

Where's the map? Regions? Towns? How from from the actual city searched will it find properties?.
When building the new site I looked at issues and complaints from the old site. People did not like the maps. When you list your property you will be asked to enter Keywords for the search. Here you will had whatever you like for people to find you. So example: If your property is in Little Rock Arkansas then when a guest types in Little Rock Arkansas for a place to stay you would pop up. This is the most common way for a directory to work. When you list you will type in your State and city your located in.
Hillbilly said:
When building the new site I looked at issues and complaints from the old site. People did not like the maps. When you list your property you will be asked to enter Keywords for the search. Here you will had whatever you like for people to find you. So example: If your property is in Little Rock Arkansas then when a guest types in Little Rock Arkansas for a place to stay you would pop up. This is the most common way for a directory to work. When you list you will type in your State and city your located in.
So many of us are located in small towns that most people are not aware of. So if someone puts in Little Rock Arkansas, how many miles out will the directory find results? If a property is in Podunk, Arkansas 15-20 miles from Little Rock, will a Little Rock search find that listing?
Breakfast Diva said:
Hillbilly said:
So many of us are located in small towns that most people are not aware of. So if someone puts in Little Rock Arkansas, how many miles out will the directory find results? If a property is in Podunk, Arkansas 15-20 miles from Little Rock, will a Little Rock search find that listing?
I added another search feature at the lower part of the Home page. I did this by state. Then when you click on the state it will show the Inns listed. On the left side there are more detail search features you can click to narrow the search even more.

A BIG thank you to Hillbilly for catching a fatfinger error I mad in my e-mail address when signing in yesterday (I have been busy). No wonder all my work from entering my listing went missing - it was under the wrong address.
BTW - I saw Discount code but did not see Deal..
If you would like me to add your listing from info from your website let me know. I am happy to help you. Uploading pictures from your end will probably be better quality. But I can give it a try and see what it looks like for you. I updated your email for you. Also, the discount code is for you to enter to receive the listing for FREE. If you have a Deal you can post that from your listing. Its under the header Promotions

BTW - I saw Discount code but did not see Deal..
If you would like me to add your listing from info from your website let me know. I am happy to help you. Uploading pictures from your end will probably be better quality. But I can give it a try and see what it looks like for you. I updated your email for you. Also, the discount code is for you to enter to receive the listing for FREE. If you have a Deal you can post that from your listing. Its under the header Promotions
You are wonderful. I will get on the stick today. Is what I did yesterday still there?

Back