Major Staffing Needs Coming

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodScout

Reaction score
We're in the unique position of knowing we're going to need to hire several staff members a good 7 months before it happens.

Our Assistant Innkeeper is retiring April 1, and one of our housekeepers has given her notice that she's probably going to leave us right after ski season ends.
Our summertime full-timer has let us know she won't be coming back next summer, so our top three positions are all going to be vacant about the same time.

On top of that, we're already trying to hire a second nail tech, esthetician, and massage therapist for our spa, because there's so much business the ones we have can't handle it all.

So in all, we're going to be hiring for six positions at the same time - something that certainly makes us look desperate!

Is anyone else in an area with a very shallow labor pool, and if so how do you find the right people for skilled positions like Assistant Innkeepers, housekeeping positions, and licensed technicians? We've tried Indeed and other web services, Facebook, with very limited success. Would love to hear some success stories!

Ramsey Solutions just posted a video with a question like this. Dave said to go to a community college and interview their students. He was looking for tech students but that's his success story. Here is a very good choice to get a wannabe to see if their dream works in reality. Best wishes!

Well, our innkeeper has accelerated her retirement schedule and just let us know she's leaving this month, not in April.

We'll be posting an add for an innkeeper that includes a nice salary, free room and board, and other perks soon, but if you know of someone looking, send 'em our way!

Well, our innkeeper has accelerated her retirement schedule and just let us know she's leaving this month, not in April.

We'll be posting an add for an innkeeper that includes a nice salary, free room and board, and other perks soon, but if you know of someone looking, send 'em our way!
Where are you located? I have someone who could be interested in the asst-inn keeping position?

Where are you located? I have someone who could be interested in the asst-inn keeping position?
Kimberly Aveyah, Please introduce yourself. Are you an innkeeper? How many rooms? Headhunter? Admin needs more info please.

Last edited:
Hi, I am an assistant inn- keeper of 7 rooms in Northern New Mexico. Depending on where you are located, I may know of someone who would be interested in the position.

Hi, I am an assistant inn- keeper of 7 rooms in Northern New Mexico. Depending on where you are located, I may know of someone who would be interested in the position.
Thank you, I am not answering for GoodScout regarding the position, but I can tell you it is in northern Vermont.

Latest posts

Back