What's new for 2015?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SLOWING DOWN! Taking time for me and family and friends..
Sunshine said:
SLOWING DOWN! Taking time for me and family and friends.
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

I didn't want a new thread, but thought this was worthy of sharing with you all today under the what's new for 2015 topic:
Fuzzy targets don't get hit
Are you perfectly clear on what your goals are?

Well, folks, now that you have all shared all your new projects, I'll say that I am getting a website redo which will soon be ready. That is in part to let everyone know that I am trying to meet the minimum requirements of an Innspiring Innkeeper (just kidding).
The other thing is that I'll be having the BIG birthday this year (and it's not 21). I think I'll hire out the lawn mowing and other landscaping. Last summer I fought plantar fasciitis and when I don't mow my feet feel a whole lot better.
I have a very part time housekeeper who is a young woman I have known since she was a child. She has had a rough time of it and when she lost her real job last spring I thought I was hiring her on a very temporary basis. Well... she hasn't found a "real job", so I have to decide whether to give her more responsibility. Because of some emotional baggage she carries around, she functions like a 14-year old, so although she is good about showing up, she sometimes forgets things, so I have to check her work afterwards.
I know if I really looked, I could probably find someone who would do a better job, but life tends to bring projects to my doorstep. Basically she just works on the rooms. Usually I strip the beds and bathrooms and do the laundry.
Last summer I suggested she try pulling weeds for extra hours. Unfortunately she couldn't identify thistles or dandelions (dumb like a fox, eh) so I didn't pursue that. She tried ironing, which was OK, but she wasn't much on folding, so I have been doing the ironing. I think perhaps this winter I'll teach her a bit more about folding, and I might even teach her how to operate the washer and dryer. Perhaps if I really try and spend lots of time working with her Murphy will strike and she'll find a real job, or else she will be a bit more help.
And, somehow I forgot to take a vacation last year. I can't say that I missed it, but I do have a bucket list, and somehow turning 65 is really making me much more aware of my mortality than I thought it would. Anyone want to go to Peru with me to see Machu Picchu?.
Innkeep said:
I can't say that I missed it, but I do have a bucket list, and somehow turning 65 is really making me much more aware of my mortality than I thought it would. Anyone want to go to Peru with me to see Machu Picchu?
After not taking a vacation for 5 years, I do take vacations now! Got a big one coming up soon.

Well, folks, now that you have all shared all your new projects, I'll say that I am getting a website redo which will soon be ready. That is in part to let everyone know that I am trying to meet the minimum requirements of an Innspiring Innkeeper (just kidding).
The other thing is that I'll be having the BIG birthday this year (and it's not 21). I think I'll hire out the lawn mowing and other landscaping. Last summer I fought plantar fasciitis and when I don't mow my feet feel a whole lot better.
I have a very part time housekeeper who is a young woman I have known since she was a child. She has had a rough time of it and when she lost her real job last spring I thought I was hiring her on a very temporary basis. Well... she hasn't found a "real job", so I have to decide whether to give her more responsibility. Because of some emotional baggage she carries around, she functions like a 14-year old, so although she is good about showing up, she sometimes forgets things, so I have to check her work afterwards.
I know if I really looked, I could probably find someone who would do a better job, but life tends to bring projects to my doorstep. Basically she just works on the rooms. Usually I strip the beds and bathrooms and do the laundry.
Last summer I suggested she try pulling weeds for extra hours. Unfortunately she couldn't identify thistles or dandelions (dumb like a fox, eh) so I didn't pursue that. She tried ironing, which was OK, but she wasn't much on folding, so I have been doing the ironing. I think perhaps this winter I'll teach her a bit more about folding, and I might even teach her how to operate the washer and dryer. Perhaps if I really try and spend lots of time working with her Murphy will strike and she'll find a real job, or else she will be a bit more help.
And, somehow I forgot to take a vacation last year. I can't say that I missed it, but I do have a bucket list, and somehow turning 65 is really making me much more aware of my mortality than I thought it would. Anyone want to go to Peru with me to see Machu Picchu?.
Innkeep said:
when I don't mow my feet feel a whole lot better
For goodness sakes stopping mowing those feet! No one will see a little toe hair.
shades_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
Innkeep said:
For goodness sakes stopping mowing those feet! No one will see a little toe hair.
shades_smile.gif
You guys crack me up
Innkeep said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Innkeep said:
shades_smile.gif
You guys crack me up
Now that's funny!

My 92 y.o mother said she's making a bucket list of things she's glad she does NOT have to do anymore. Among the things on it is cooking Thanksgiving dinner.

My 92 y.o mother said she's making a bucket list of things she's glad she does NOT have to do anymore. Among the things on it is cooking Thanksgiving dinner..
Arks said:
My 92 y.o mother said she's making a bucket list of things she's glad she does NOT have to do anymore. Among the things on it is cooking Thanksgiving dinner.
Now that is the way to enjoy aging! Count your blessings. No more school plays. LOL. No more shoveling snow.

Got upstairs today to photo the formerly 4-poster rice bed new in the Harris Room. The 4-posts would have "swallowed" the room. DH realized the finials were just screwed in to the top of the posts. This is what it looks like in its "finished" state. Oh, the new headboard for the Gillum is ordered. It is going to cost less than I expected too. YEA. I will add to it of course for delivery and installation (going to ask him to do a dresser repair while he is here also). Anyway - here it is:
EPosstnFinials-gillumhouse.JPG

This painting is the only one in the house NOT by DH - it is a watercolor by his sister.

I suffered with plantar fascitis in both feet and was in incredible pain. I tried many things including some $500 custom inserts.
I'm now pain free because I switched to Dansko clogs. Please, please, please try them! I learned about them from a couple different guests who were nurses and suggested I try them. Now I wear nothing else.

Got upstairs today to photo the formerly 4-poster rice bed new in the Harris Room. The 4-posts would have "swallowed" the room. DH realized the finials were just screwed in to the top of the posts. This is what it looks like in its "finished" state. Oh, the new headboard for the Gillum is ordered. It is going to cost less than I expected too. YEA. I will add to it of course for delivery and installation (going to ask him to do a dresser repair while he is here also). Anyway - here it is:

This painting is the only one in the house NOT by DH - it is a watercolor by his sister..
see we told you it would be excellent!

This painting is the only one in the house NOT by DH - it is a watercolor by his sister..
see we told you it would be excellent!
This is the queen that was in the Gillum. The king headboard will be coming soon - I hope. Guest this morning remarked about how big the bed is - so much bigger than a queen (he said) and he said it was VERY comfortable. Woohoo

My 92 y.o mother said she's making a bucket list of things she's glad she does NOT have to do anymore. Among the things on it is cooking Thanksgiving dinner..
Arks said:
thumbs_up.gif

I suffered with plantar fascitis in both feet and was in incredible pain. I tried many things including some $500 custom inserts.
I'm now pain free because I switched to Dansko clogs. Please, please, please try them! I learned about them from a couple different guests who were nurses and suggested I try them. Now I wear nothing else.
Breakfast Diva said:
Thanks BD, I can't believe how much not mowing helps. I will look into the clogs if things get bad again. I do plan to hire out the mowing. Part of the "reverse bucket list" If I had to wait to start the list 'til age 93 ...

Back