One more breakfast this season

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to all those things too. We are nearly full for New Years and then maybe 3 or 4 reservations between then and April. Yay us! The biggest project is replacing the faucets in all the bathrooms..
We had one call for NYE from a guest who calls every year and then cancels. Other places are full. We decided it was ok to not do NYE this year so we blocked the calendar yesterday.
Would have closed down last week except for the 8 night Rez!
I'll spend some down time coming up with the marketing stuff for next year. Then maybe we'll be open for NYE.
Hard to compete on this particular date when we don't have an alcohol license and the hotels do. Plus, we're not party people so planning an event is not our forte.
We are full on NYE. Nothing special but WE. Still seeing lots of queries on ResKey.
Momma Smurf said:
We are full on NYE. Nothing special but WE. Still seeing lots of queries on ResKey.
How do you do that?
Go to your Activity Tab. The default drop-down is View All Activities, but the one below it is Availability Search. You will see a list of all dates searched for availability and on which of your pages they clicked on to search from. If you use a page like IPLocation, you can cut and paste the IP address into it to see who was searching from where if you so desire.
This is AMAZING! I had no idea this was available. Thank YOU!!!!

Looking forward to all those things too. We are nearly full for New Years and then maybe 3 or 4 reservations between then and April. Yay us! The biggest project is replacing the faucets in all the bathrooms..
We had one call for NYE from a guest who calls every year and then cancels. Other places are full. We decided it was ok to not do NYE this year so we blocked the calendar yesterday.
I'll spend some down time coming up with the marketing stuff for next year. Then maybe we'll be open for NYE.
Hard to compete on this particular date when we don't have an alcohol license and the hotels do. Plus, we're not party people so planning an event is not our forte.
Momma Smurf said:
How do you do that?
Go to your Activity Tab. The default drop-down is View All Activities, but the one below it is Availability Search. You will see a list of all dates searched for availability and on which of your pages they clicked on to search from. If you use a page like IPLocation, you can cut and paste the IP address into it to see who was searching from where if you so desire.
This is AMAZING! I had no idea this was available. Thank YOU!!!!
Welcome y'all!

Momma Smurf said:
How do you do that?
Momma Smurf said:
OMG you can teach an old dog new tricks!!!! THANKS love ya guys!

Mac and I rewarded ourselves with an RV trip this week. Texas weather wasn't perfect but the friends and electric blanket were! This coming week and weekend are booked but then it's on to our upcoming project - lighting the pavilion for weddings. Have our first one booked August 15. Would love to hear from B&B's who do weddings. Do you have a contract and can I read it? How much you charge? And a ton of other questions. If this has been covered before, please tell me where so I can read it. I value the experience on this forum. Thanks in advance.

Momma Smurf said:
How do you do that?
Thanks MommaSmurf. Invaluable information. With this knowledge, I've already seen some nice activity for the coming season. Love it!

Mac and I rewarded ourselves with an RV trip this week. Texas weather wasn't perfect but the friends and electric blanket were! This coming week and weekend are booked but then it's on to our upcoming project - lighting the pavilion for weddings. Have our first one booked August 15. Would love to hear from B&B's who do weddings. Do you have a contract and can I read it? How much you charge? And a ton of other questions. If this has been covered before, please tell me where so I can read it. I value the experience on this forum. Thanks in advance..
Mac, we do weddings (see http://www.harborfields.com/Weddings.html) -- just booked our second one for 2015 (we did 5 last year). You can view a sample contract at http://www.harborfields.com/SampleWeddingContract.pdf -- obviously the contract is customized for each event, but that should give a pretty good idea of what we do. Hope this helps!

Mac and I rewarded ourselves with an RV trip this week. Texas weather wasn't perfect but the friends and electric blanket were! This coming week and weekend are booked but then it's on to our upcoming project - lighting the pavilion for weddings. Have our first one booked August 15. Would love to hear from B&B's who do weddings. Do you have a contract and can I read it? How much you charge? And a ton of other questions. If this has been covered before, please tell me where so I can read it. I value the experience on this forum. Thanks in advance..
Mac, we do weddings (see http://www.harborfields.com/Weddings.html) -- just booked our second one for 2015 (we did 5 last year). You can view a sample contract at http://www.harborfields.com/SampleWeddingContract.pdf -- obviously the contract is customized for each event, but that should give a pretty good idea of what we do. Hope this helps!
What a lovely venue you have! Hubby is looking at them now and can't stop oohing and aahing - and he doesn't do that often!
Thank you for sharing the photos and information with me. It is a big help.

Momma Smurf said:
Of course, we got a ton of calls ON NYE. Some wanting to stay thru the weekend.

Momma Smurf said:
My NYE rez wanted the quietest place possible - so came here.
AHA MOMENT - my marketing campaign for NYE 2015 - the quiet place to go.

Momma Smurf said:
gillumhouse said:
thumbs_up.gif

Back