My Allocator

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HotelRunner may be a cheaper alternative to MyAllocator, but I'm still trying to (not be lazy) and continue my testing of HR.
HR - 1% of sales through all OTAs (excluding from your own website and facebook, etc.) So, if your OTA sales is below 25000 USD per month, HR is cheaper. They also claim to be a preferred IT provider of Booking.com.
A (considerable) thing about HotelRunner is that they include a quite spiffy website with their 1% subscription plan.

Triple-Posted because I'm used to latest replies being on the bottom, rather than in second place.

Double-Posted because I'm used to latest replies being on the bottom, rather than in second place.

I'm OK with MyAllocator, and I still think it's a good value, but I was disappointed to be sold a $17 cost and then have it jump so much just 2 months after i signed on.

HotelRunner may be a cheaper alternative to MyAllocator, but I'm still trying to (not be lazy) and continue my testing of HR.
HR - 1% of sales through all OTAs (excluding from your own website and facebook, etc.) So, if your OTA sales is below 25000 USD per month, HR is cheaper. They also claim to be a preferred IT provider of Booking.com.
A (considerable) thing about HotelRunner is that they include a quite spiffy website with their 1% subscription plan..
I hate when websites don't have a price. Is there a monthly minimum? Is it enough of a front end to run the B&B? Or do you need to run a front end that feeds into it?

A (considerable) thing about HotelRunner is that they include a quite spiffy website with their 1% subscription plan..
I hate when websites don't have a price. Is there a monthly minimum? Is it enough of a front end to run the B&B? Or do you need to run a front end that feeds into it?
No monthly minimum. You can activate their 1% subscription without providing a credit card.
If we compare to myallocator - hotelrunner would be equivalent to myallocator + mybooking.

No monthly minimum. You can activate their 1% subscription without providing a credit card.
If we compare to myallocator - hotelrunner would be equivalent to myallocator + mybooking.
celsea said:
So, if I understand this correctly, myallocator charges a flat fee of (now) $25/month and your company charges 1% commission on all sales thru an OTA?

celsea said:
So, if I understand this correctly, myallocator charges a flat fee of (now) $25/month and your company charges 1% commission on all sales thru an OTA?
Not my company. For now, I'm just a paying customer of myallocator and a potential customer of hotelrunner.
Yes, 1% of all OTA sales. That's what it says on their website. However, I'm not sure if it's exactly 1% of gross since I haven't switched over.
I have to admit that inertia is playing a pretty big role as to why I'm still with myallocator. I can cut down my costs by more than 50% if I finish my self-tutorial of hotelrunner and switch.
Though even after the switch, I'd keep my myallocator account for 1-2 months before severing ties completely. Just in case hotelrunner is too good to be true. Or if their connection to channels is too buggy. Somewhere on the internet is a review of hotelrunner complaining about such bugginess.

celsea said:
Not my company. For now, I'm just a paying customer of myallocator and a potential customer of hotelrunner.
Yes, 1% of all OTA sales. That's what it says on their website. However, I'm not sure if it's exactly 1% of gross since I haven't switched over.
I have to admit that inertia is playing a pretty big role as to why I'm still with myallocator. I can cut down my costs by more than 50% if I finish my self-tutorial of hotelrunner and switch.
Though even after the switch, I'd keep my myallocator account for 1-2 months before severing ties completely. Just in case hotelrunner is too good to be true. Or if their connection to channels is too buggy. Somewhere on the internet is a review of hotelrunner complaining about such bugginess.
How many rooms do you have at your property? What percent do you sell on ota? For me $25 would be a steal. 1% of OTA sales would cost me a small fortune every month.

celsea said:
How many rooms do you have at your property? What percent do you sell on ota? For me $25 would be a steal. 1% of OTA sales would cost me a small fortune every month.
We only sell about 10 rooms through the OTAs. Average room cost is 20 USD per night.
As I mentioned, Hotelrunner is only cheaper if your monthly OTA gross is less than 25000 USD per month.

celsea said:
We only sell about 10 rooms through the OTAs. Average room cost is 20 USD per night.
As I mentioned, Hotelrunner is only cheaper if your monthly OTA gross is less than 25000 USD per month.
$2,500, not $25,000.

celsea said:
$2,500, not $25,000.
Thank you for the correction. I got confused since I had to calculate from local currency.
I'll edit my posts.
Edit - nope, can't edit posts after a certain time has past.

BIG correction. Hotelrunner is only cheaper IF your OTA sales is less than 2500 USD per month. (Not 25000 USD.)

Just had a major booking snafu courtesy of MyAllocator that everyone should be aware of.
Had a room with a 5-night minimum (major event in town that week) and an Expedia client was able to book a 2-day stay because they booked the day before the 5-night minimum began and the first day of the 5-night min period.
I lit up ResNexus, MyAllocator and Expedia about it, and told Expedia I would NOT be honoring the reservation.
My ResNexus rep was nice enough to call just now and let me know that MyAllocator's programming does NOT prevent someone from doing this -- apparently their programming allows someone to stay for whatever the minimum is ON THE FIRST DAY OF THEIR STAY.
Needless to say, I asked my rep to let MyAllocator know that such a major programming flaw jeopardized my continued use of their product, and asked her to pass on that I appreciated that I was now paying an extra $8 a month to have to deal with these headaches.

Just had a major booking snafu courtesy of MyAllocator that everyone should be aware of.
Had a room with a 5-night minimum (major event in town that week) and an Expedia client was able to book a 2-day stay because they booked the day before the 5-night minimum began and the first day of the 5-night min period.
I lit up ResNexus, MyAllocator and Expedia about it, and told Expedia I would NOT be honoring the reservation.
My ResNexus rep was nice enough to call just now and let me know that MyAllocator's programming does NOT prevent someone from doing this -- apparently their programming allows someone to stay for whatever the minimum is ON THE FIRST DAY OF THEIR STAY.
Needless to say, I asked my rep to let MyAllocator know that such a major programming flaw jeopardized my continued use of their product, and asked her to pass on that I appreciated that I was now paying an extra $8 a month to have to deal with these headaches..
Mentioned this before. You have to tell XPD that it's cumulative MOST restrictive. Had it happen to us, once.

Needless to say, I asked my rep to let MyAllocator know that such a major programming flaw jeopardized my continued use of their product, and asked her to pass on that I appreciated that I was now paying an extra $8 a month to have to deal with these headaches..
Mentioned this before. You have to tell XPD that it's cumulative MOST restrictive. Had it happen to us, once.
Generic said:
Is there someplace on Expedia PartnerCentral you can set this, or do you have to go through phone hell?

Generic said:
Is there someplace on Expedia PartnerCentral you can set this, or do you have to go through phone hell?
Phone Hell. But you should have a dedicated rep who should be able to fix it.

Back