Medical Zoo

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
Explaining the Zoo. About a month ago as we were running errands we got a call from one of Himself's doctor's office. Come in ASAP. Why? He has another aortic aneurysm. Those who know me KNOW what my response was. Next say we are in. (He had an aortic aneurysm fixed in 2001) Turns out this one is what they call Illiac - think upside down Y - it is in one of the legs of the Y before it gets to the leg.
He was orgiinally scheduled for surgery Feb 19. AFTER I took the elopement, his Royal informs me he is supposed to have pre-op tests on the 12th. OK. Breakfast at whatever time, elopement at 4. Can do. THEN Monday we get called surgery is rescheduled to the 12th. Since I went directly to the ER coming home from a Conference last week (meat wagon hauled him to ER for me) and most of this last Sunday in ER (repeat performance belly/gut issues, I figures they were taking those tests as pre-op. Just needed the cardio OK. Yesterday we saw him - no go as it has been too long since last stress test (Friday for that now). So I can take a breath tomorrow. Plan A has been scrubbed. Ficcup - primary just called - in her office at 11:30 tomorrow. Do-able.
For the curious: Plan A was drop him at hospital at 5 AM for surgery, go home, make breakfast, do elopement, then back to hospital where he would be out of recovery by then. We do so like to cram our days. And I can just about tell you when the reschedule will be - Feb 26 since I am supposed to be at a B & B/Small Farms Conference on that date - and not only picking up my maple syrup order but also meeting with someone for some TV advertising with some possible partners. As my daughter says - UGhhhhhhh!

Good luck with EVERYTHING! But especially the medical!!!

1) Sure hope all goes well with Himself!

2) Remember to take care of yourself, you can't be all things to all people all the time!
3) After reading your post it was a wake up call for me just suck it up, so many are dealing with a lot more than me!

ohmy ... i don't know how you handle it all. is there someone who can fill in for you just in case? i suppose not ...
you know, because of my circumstances, i take these heart health issues very seriously. hoping all goes well
( (
heart.gif
))

What a remarkable couple! So glad they were able to find this in time to fix it. Best wishes to both of you.

This is just another bump in the road. Been through so many. Himself will be 75 in August - it he lives that long. He has been on "borrowed" time since his motorcycle crash in 1964 - coma for 3 weeks and last rites a couple times (prior to me). We are of the age that realism takes over. All is in GOD's hands and there will be one of two outcomes. Life happens and we just darn well sit down and deal with it.
After dealing with a perf-ed appendix (in hospital almost a week before they decided what that problem was - 24 days in hospital), aortic aneurysm, 6-way bypass, fem pop, Joey Glow (prostate), I am not getting spastic about anything but am prepared for everything. And I have friends who would help, but if I have guests, I have guests to take care of. Will be blocking days when I know what is happening. All the dates now were made before he started the zoo. And this morning, my 3-month long term cancelled due to being reassigned elsewhere. Hate losing the money but all is better this way.
And thank you, ALL of you. It helps.

You are amazing women. All the best to you both. Thinking good thoughts .

This is just another bump in the road. Been through so many. Himself will be 75 in August - it he lives that long. He has been on "borrowed" time since his motorcycle crash in 1964 - coma for 3 weeks and last rites a couple times (prior to me). We are of the age that realism takes over. All is in GOD's hands and there will be one of two outcomes. Life happens and we just darn well sit down and deal with it.
After dealing with a perf-ed appendix (in hospital almost a week before they decided what that problem was - 24 days in hospital), aortic aneurysm, 6-way bypass, fem pop, Joey Glow (prostate), I am not getting spastic about anything but am prepared for everything. And I have friends who would help, but if I have guests, I have guests to take care of. Will be blocking days when I know what is happening. All the dates now were made before he started the zoo. And this morning, my 3-month long term cancelled due to being reassigned elsewhere. Hate losing the money but all is better this way.
And thank you, ALL of you. It helps..
But remember that we all have breaking points and none of us is getting any younger. You have moved mountains so far but I think you are cutting it too close on the 12th. Can you move things around a bit so you are not jamming so much in. So many things are not in our control...you can not assume the everything will dovetail. And then there is Mother nature to consider.

And thank you, ALL of you. It helps..
But remember that we all have breaking points and none of us is getting any younger. You have moved mountains so far but I think you are cutting it too close on the 12th. Can you move things around a bit so you are not jamming so much in. So many things are not in our control...you can not assume the everything will dovetail. And then there is Mother nature to consider.
12th is here. Breakfast was at 9:30. Check-out was at 11 and that is when they left. So did we - he had a doc visit at 11:30. The elopement is running late - over an hour late so far. Tomorrow is the stress test but his primary said we have to deal with his stomach issues before he can have surgery. So now it is wait. She will set him up with a fastro. I hate delays. Now I have to sweat it impacting things already schedule in the next month or so. Such is life in the big city.

Just prayed for you all. I hope this day went well. As the preacher said the other day, God won't give you more than He knows you can bear. Great encouragement during hard times....

Back