Email software?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morticia,
Often "not supported" just means that MS is not providing software updates for this version. If you like Outlook, I'd inquire with your website host support department to see if they made a recent change that is causing your problem and if they have a solution or work around for you. Also looks like a new 2013 version of Outlook is not that expensive if you were to choose to upgrade the version..
When I clicked on MS links for the solution to the problem I got 'page removed', so even the old help pages are being taken down.
I'll try the web host as one side works (my email) and the other doesn't (inn). 2 different mail hosts.
What are you running, Windows 98?
Jon Sable said:
It's something pretty old.
Well if it is that old..time to get a new one :)
EmptyNest said:
Yes, a new computer is around the corner. Probably after the season is over and I have time to beat it into submission. I DO NOT want the one that looks like a phone/tablet with all the big buttons. Nice little icons, thank you very much. I'm a dinosaur. Leave me alone.
You won't have much choice as Windows 10 starts rolling out July 29. Though they say it has the Normal start menu...rather than forcing you to use the app like desktop.And EDGE replaces IE...should be a real learning curve..as if I don't already have time to learn something new.

Morticia,
Often "not supported" just means that MS is not providing software updates for this version. If you like Outlook, I'd inquire with your website host support department to see if they made a recent change that is causing your problem and if they have a solution or work around for you. Also looks like a new 2013 version of Outlook is not that expensive if you were to choose to upgrade the version..
When I clicked on MS links for the solution to the problem I got 'page removed', so even the old help pages are being taken down.
I'll try the web host as one side works (my email) and the other doesn't (inn). 2 different mail hosts.
Jon Sable said:
EmptyNest said:
Yes, a new computer is around the corner. Probably after the season is over and I have time to beat it into submission. I DO NOT want the one that looks like a phone/tablet with all the big buttons. Nice little icons, thank you very much. I'm a dinosaur. Leave me alone.
My laptop has a keyboard on top of it 90% of the time. But if you want a desktop the coolest one at the moment is the HP Mini Desktop. Asus also makes mini desktops. Full windows, 4GB of memory and up to 1TB in hard drive space and you can hold it in the palm of your hand.

Morticia,
Jon Sable said:
EmptyNest said:
You won't have much choice as Windows 10 starts rolling out July 29. Though they say it has the Normal start menu...rather than forcing you to use the app like desktop.And EDGE replaces IE...should be a real learning curve..as if I don't already have time to learn something new.
I don't use ie. And I'm waiting for windows 10. Then I'll wait some more.

Morticia said:
Caveats - Thunderbird doesn't work well for me. I don't want gmail for my business mail.
I find this thread offensive to Native Americans, and very derogatory and it should be taken down.
thun·der·bird
ˈTHəndərˌbərd/Submit
noun
a mythical bird thought by some North American Indians to bring thunder.

Back