silly innkeeper tip

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
I did this last year and found myself doing it again this year.
At Christmas, I bought a bunch of bags of red, green and silver wrapped Hershey Kisses. I put out a candy dish and it is very popular.
Now that Christmas is over, I took out all the green kisses and saved them in a ziplock. So the candy dish is full of red and silver candies - for Valentine's Day. After V-day, I will put out the green ones. For St. Patrick's Day.
I told you it was a 'silly' tip. Not difficult to make me happy. :)

My silly innkeeper tip: Smear your bathroom mirrors with shaving cream, then wipe off. Keeps mirrors from fogging during showers.
Next tip, please.

My silly innkeeper tip: Smear your bathroom mirrors with shaving cream, then wipe off. Keeps mirrors from fogging during showers.
Next tip, please..
Rain-X on glass showers. Makes showers easier to wipe down.

Next tip, please..
Lint rollers to clean lamp shades. And drapes.

Next tip, please..
Each king bed has four standard pillows but instead of stacking them == I place them lengthwise IIII so they can all be under the bedspread. I find guests like the standard size better than king size pillows.

Next tip, please..
Morticia said:
And hairs...everywhere (another tip I got from Innkeep).

Next tip, please..
Each king bed has four standard pillows but instead of stacking them == I place them lengthwise IIII so they can all be under the bedspread. I find guests like the standard size better than king size pillows.
Agree on the standard pillows for king bed. We have 2 king pillows and 3 standards. King pillows generally on floor.
Suggestion from a former housekeeper - don't pull covers up over pillows unless you wash covers after every guest. Our pillows are leaned against head board and covers come up to, but don't touch pillows.
Keeps the covers cleaner longer.

TheBeachHouse said:
I did this last year and found myself doing it again this year.
At Christmas, I bought a bunch of bags of red, green and silver wrapped Hershey Kisses. I put out a candy dish and it is very popular.
Now that Christmas is over, I took out all the green kisses and saved them in a ziplock. So the candy dish is full of red and silver candies - for Valentine's Day. After V-day, I will put out the green ones. For St. Patrick's Day.
I told you it was a 'silly' tip. Not difficult to make me happy. :)
---So you have some left over after Christmas? Remind me and I'll send DH up there so you won't have to go through the 'trouble' of sorting.
wink_smile.gif

Next tip, please..
Agree on the standard pillows for king bed. We have 2 king pillows and 3 standards. King pillows generally on floor.
Suggestion from a former housekeeper - don't pull covers up over pillows unless you wash covers after every guest. Our pillows are leaned against head board and covers come up to, but don't touch pillows.
Good point. I don't have anything that doesn't easily go into the washer. My washer and dryer are busy, busy, busy after a full house, with all the linens, towels, and bath mats! Ever notice how many people don't use a wash cloth?

Next tip, please..
Good point. I don't have anything that doesn't easily go into the washer. My washer and dryer are busy, busy, busy after a full house, with all the linens, towels, and bath mats! Ever notice how many people don't use a wash cloth?
Mac said:
Ever notice how many people don't use a wash cloth?
Ever notice how many people don't use any towels at all?

Next tip, please..
Mac said:
Morticia said:
Mac said:
Ew!!!
omg_smile.gif

Back