One more breakfast this season

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
This season is coming to a close. One more breakfast and then it's project time!
It's also sleeping in time. Staying up late time. Going out for dinner time. Going out for lunch time. Getting organized time. Starting up the winter exercise program time. Seeing family time. Etc.
We made it. Bully for us!

Looking forward to all those things too. We are nearly full for New Years and then maybe 3 or 4 reservations between then and April. Yay us! The biggest project is replacing the faucets in all the bathrooms.

Looking forward to all those things too. We are nearly full for New Years and then maybe 3 or 4 reservations between then and April. Yay us! The biggest project is replacing the faucets in all the bathrooms..
We had one call for NYE from a guest who calls every year and then cancels. Other places are full. We decided it was ok to not do NYE this year so we blocked the calendar yesterday.
Would have closed down last week except for the 8 night Rez!
I'll spend some down time coming up with the marketing stuff for next year. Then maybe we'll be open for NYE.
Hard to compete on this particular date when we don't have an alcohol license and the hotels do. Plus, we're not party people so planning an event is not our forte.

Looking forward to all those things too. We are nearly full for New Years and then maybe 3 or 4 reservations between then and April. Yay us! The biggest project is replacing the faucets in all the bathrooms..
We had one call for NYE from a guest who calls every year and then cancels. Other places are full. We decided it was ok to not do NYE this year so we blocked the calendar yesterday.
I'll spend some down time coming up with the marketing stuff for next year. Then maybe we'll be open for NYE.
Hard to compete on this particular date when we don't have an alcohol license and the hotels do. Plus, we're not party people so planning an event is not our forte.
Yay for you! One more breakfast for us...Wednesday morning, then one more Rez for Jan 3 and then we're off to Ontario to visit with family for a couple of weeks. We started our projects earlier this month when we were a little slower. Now a proud owner of a completely remodelled bathroom. Ours! Getting a backsplash for my kitchen when we get back and DH is finally going. To do my mudroom Pinterest style. Cubbies, storage,bench,shelves,etc. Hopefully that will make things a little more organized for us when we get busy again. That and that pesky paperwork to get ready for HST submission and taxes in April. Ouch. Don't want to think that far ahead. I just want to enjoy down tune while I can. Enjoy your holidays everyone!

We are full on NYE. Nothing special but WE. Still seeing lots of queries on ResKey.

We are full on NYE. Nothing special but WE. Still seeing lots of queries on ResKey.
Maybe people are checking availability but I can't track that. It's ok. It's been a rough end of year and we're ready.

Great job. Time for a rest.
We are in full stride till April, then things notch down a bit. Been enjoying being back at it. We built in a few extra breaks this year during the busy times to reduce the longer stretches.

Momma Smurf said:
How do you do that?

Momma Smurf said:
How do you do that?
Go to your Activity Tab. The default drop-down is View All Activities, but the one below it is Availability Search. You will see a list of all dates searched for availability and on which of your pages they clicked on to search from. If you use a page like IPLocation, you can cut and paste the IP address into it to see who was searching from where if you so desire.

Momma Smurf said:
How do you do that?
Go to your Activity Tab. The default drop-down is View All Activities, but the one below it is Availability Search. You will see a list of all dates searched for availability and on which of your pages they clicked on to search from. If you use a page like IPLocation, you can cut and paste the IP address into it to see who was searching from where if you so desire.
Very helpful.
Mahalo
Kenny

Go to your Activity Tab. The default drop-down is View All Activities, but the one below it is Availability Search.
Wow! I'd never known about this!
Interesting how many of mine search for 1 night "In Cut-Off" which I guess means same day since I don't take same day reservations.
One searched yesterday for 7 nights over Christmas next year. Hope they come back and make a reservation!
I'll spend some time studying this. Very interesting. Thanks!

Go to your Activity Tab. The default drop-down is View All Activities, but the one below it is Availability Search.
Interesting how many of mine search for 1 night "In Cut-Off" which I guess means same day since I don't take same day reservations.
One searched yesterday for 7 nights over Christmas next year. Hope they come back and make a reservation!
I'll spend some time studying this. Very interesting. Thanks!.
I just asked ResKey John if it would be possible to show the Availability Calendar to potential guests when their search falls within the Cut Off period. For me, I usually set it to Same Day, so that we don't get surprise online reservations, BUT I still would like guests to know if we have rooms open so that they can call, not just a generic message. Would this feature be helpful for you or anyone else?

full for new years but had a lot of cancelling, changing and messing about. - big push on with my projects for 2015 - toilet in room 12 is going onto the mains from the 5th of Jan! one of my biggest problems as idiots are always putting things down it and the replacement extension on the back is about half finished - joiners should start the roof tomorrow if i am lucky!

I just asked ResKey John if it would be possible to show the Availability Calendar to potential guests when their search falls within the Cut Off period. For me, I usually set it to Same Day, so that we don't get surprise online reservations, BUT I still would like guests to know if we have rooms open so that they can call, not just a generic message. Would this feature be helpful for you or anyone else?
Momma Smurf said:
Yes, that would be helpful. I do currently have a message that states we could have availability to please call or email, but 99.9% either don't read or don't bother. A calendar with a message may do the trick. Thanks for asking.

Momma Smurf said:
How do you do that?
I have used this feature for a while. It sure helps to know what dates are being highly sought after for lesser events (i.e. weddings, reunions). If I am getting lots of searches but no takers for a certain date(s) I will check out the hotels and maybe give a tweek to my prices to get takers. Sometimes a couple of bucks will make all the difference.

Momma Smurf said:
Yes, that would be helpful. I do currently have a message that states we could have availability to please call or email, but 99.9% either don't read or don't bother. A calendar with a message may do the trick. Thanks for asking.
If you could possibly go to the Forum and respond to my request saying that you too would find it helpful, might be an incentive for him to implement it sooner than later. Thanks!

full for new years but had a lot of cancelling, changing and messing about. - big push on with my projects for 2015 - toilet in room 12 is going onto the mains from the 5th of Jan! one of my biggest problems as idiots are always putting things down it and the replacement extension on the back is about half finished - joiners should start the roof tomorrow if i am lucky!.
Woohoo! Congrats on the projects.

Back