New member - wanting to learn about owning a B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherallspost

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I came across this website and thought I would dive in and learn about owning a B&B and what’s it like to do so. I am located in Ca but an open to opportunity anywhere in the US as I am now an empty nester looking to fulfill my dream .
Anyone have some educational info for me or tips on how to go about this new adventure in my life I would appreciate it.
😀

Ask questions as you think of them. One question at a time. You will get answers. I am in West Virginia with 3 rooms in a small city. I just started year #29.

It's a great lifestyle. We've been doing it for 12 years now. And you'll find people here are great resources.
There's a couple of books about running B&Bs (including a Dummies book) With the changes in the industry over the past decade, some facts are a little dated. They're still worth reading, though.

I love it!!! I have one full service property with four rooms opened in 2015 and one self service property with five rooms that I will be opening soon. It is a good amount of work to keep you busy. The revenue allows us to travel comfortably. My background is in Hotel and Restaurant Management and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Mark

Welcome!!! Great opportunity to meet so many different people from all around the world.
If you would like to open a B&B I think you're doing it right by getting as much information as possible.

Welcome! Best place to ask questions but be warned, you asked. We might not have the answers you want to hear, the truth is given here with or without humor! Grin! Just jump into the back posts and start learning!

Latest posts

Back